IPC Senior Executive Forums
IPC Senior Executive Forums are exclusive events in which top postal executives have an international forum to meet, share viewpoints, and exchange opinions. The objective is to gain strategic insights from a peer group of experts.
IPC Senior Executive Forum on Energy: The Next 20 Years, Washington DC, January 2009
With the combined energy needs to operate nearly one million post offices and mail processing centers worldwide, plus the fuel for hundreds of thousands of mail delivery vehicles, energy is a critical issue for postal agencies in every nation.
Jeremy Rifkin, best-selling author and president of The Foundation on Economic Trends, was the keynote speaker. Rifkin has been influential in shaping public policy in the United States and around the world, and currently serves as an advisor to the European Commission, the European Parliament and several European Union heads of state. Other speakers included U.S. Postmaster General and CEO John E. Potter, U.S. Department of Energy Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy David Rodgers and representatives of General Motors, UTC Power, and Fuel Cell Europe.
- Executive Summary
- Delegate Feedback
- Contact List
- Climate Protection with DHL/DPWN - The Go Green Program : Steffen Frankenberg, vice president, GoGreen Program, Deutsche Post AG
- Fuel Cells in the Postal Industry - Delivering the Clean Energy you Need : Patrick Maio, executive director, Fuel Cell Europe
- The Perspective from General Motors : Keith Cole, director, advanced technology vehicle strategies and legislative affairs, General Motors
- Prioritization of Energy Efficiency : David Rogers, deputy assistant secretary of energy efficiency, U.S. Department of Energy
- An Overview of the Pure Cell System : Richard Brody, vice president, international business development, UTC Power