How does it work?
The IPC Customs Document Solution enables inbound posts to request the required documents from e-buyers when the item arrives at the inbound post’s facilities.
The IPC Document Solution API provides the following services:
- Uploads documents (invoices and proof of payment) on item ID level which are received from the E-Seller. These documents are required by the destination post or customs to create the declaration or to accept goods into a country.
- Provides an overview of the documents that are linked to an item ID.
- Allows retrieval of specific documents (invoices and proof of payment) by the parties that require them.
- Improved processing: postal items can be processed faster as delays caused by lack of availability of a proof of payment are avoided.
- Cost reduction: a faster delivery time results in lower processing and warehousing costs.
- Process optimisation through API: if documents are already uploaded by the e-seller via the API to the IPC Customs Document Solution, the inbound postal operator is informed and no request needs to be sent to the e-buyer. The necessary documents are available to the inbound immediately, which allows the inbound post to optimise the use of advance information in preparing customs declarations.
- Auditing and document management: an audit trail of all activities is provided, while reports give a clear insight into how the process is progressing. Posts can easily keep track of document status updates as well as view the actual documents and review them.
- Expandable: the IPC Customs Document Solution can be extended to request and store any additional type of documents.
To find out more about this service, please contact email@example.com.