How does it work?
Postal operators’ call centres worldwide benefit from having access to a global customer service system to exchange information on barcoded items to resolve customer queries. IPC’s Global Customer Service System (GCSS) is the perfect tool to answer the increasing demands from e-retailers and consumers for swift information about the whereabouts and status of cross-border tracked postal items.
Linking 292 postal call centres globally in 191 countries, IPC’s Global Customer Service System is a unique platform in the postal industry. IPC’s GCSS is a web-based application
enabling the exchange of inquiries between postal operators’ customer service departments. The system allows for the immediate action of customer queries, while customer service agents of participating posts can directly connect to share queries and information. This information is automatically complemented by detailed item event tracking history.
Each service group sets response targets within GCSS to ensure a timely resolution of queries. The functionality of the system is constantly reviewed and enhanced to meet the needs of postal networks and their respective customer service centres.
GCSS features, among other functionalities:
- A document and information exchange measured platform to enable and encourage prompt inquiry resolution
- Predefined measured inquiry processes to enable and encourage prompt conclusive responses
- A platform enabling the monitoring and continuous improvement of postal customer experience
- User-friendly message lists and alerts for postal operator’s call centres
- Interface (API) with call centres’ local systems available (e.g. CRM)
- Automated provision of item-related information
- The latest tracking information directly added within new and also, existing inquiries
- Full end-to-end tracking tool (on item and associated international transport level)
- Filters, download and agent customisation features to assist and organise GCSS-related tasks
- A variety of performance reports and flat files providing full visibiity upon GCSS-closed workflows
- Force Majeure functionality
- An enhanced auto-population functionality extending to ITMATT and additional EMSEVT data
- A User Cockpit to provide customer service agents with a consolidated view of their GCSS open workflow.
- Improved visibility through additional pre-defined and customised filters.
Underpinning key international postal products
GCSS supports many different international delivery services and networks such as:
- Registered, Insured, Exprès (PRIME)
- Kahala Posts Group (KPG)
- INTERCONNECT (Standard Packets, Standard Parcels and Premium)
Fixed set of procedures and targets
The system is designed around a fixed set of procedures defined by each service group. These procedures have agreed response targets tailored for each supported service and network. Each query in the system uses predefined electronic forms where the call centre agent enters specific information, supplied by the inquiring customer (1-2). The data related to each item ID is automatically populated within the GCSS inquiry (3-4).
When the information in the inquiry is updated (5), it is sent to Post B for validation and completion. Then Post B sends it to the destination postal operator’s call centre (6), enabling Post A to communicate resolved enquiry with the customer (7). GCSS measured processes also enable all posts to share information on an item to assist with future GCSS inquires e.g. a missing item which is found.
IPC BI tool for GCSS
IPC’s BI (business intelligence) Tool allows customer service management to monitor and assess their own call centres' performance, in terms of efficiency and quality, to detect issues, to investigate bottlenecks and to drill down into workflow data.
IPC’s BI Tool provides a single reporting platform across all of IPC’s centralised data, enabling a faster more reliable means of applying the same report query methodology and calculation rules. IPC’s BI tool offers managers of participating posts trend reports on:
• on-time performance
• workflow duration
• response times
To find out more about the Global Customer Service System, contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.