How does it work?
The IPC Notification Service responds to the needs of e-retailers and consumers by offering them an easy to-use service for cross-border e-commerce delivery, which sends them notifications at various stages of the delivery process. The IPC Notification Service was built for postal operators to support e-retailers (large and small), by offering email or text message notifications to their customers about the delivery status of their parcels.
The Notification Service is a custom built application that can be enhanced and styled per postal operator and consists of two key components:
- a customisable web page template where the buyer can indicate his or her preferences for receiving tracking notifications, and
- a customisable email template
By offering this service, posts can improve the delivery experience for their customers and therefore get higher cross-border e-commerce volumes.
- The service is easy to set up, as it is based on data already being fed into the IPC Data Hub
- The service captures all updates, as it combines delivery status updates from both origin and destination posts
- The notification service can be used by several operators
- Easy pre-filled notifications from confirmation URL
- The notification preference form can be branded in line with the origin post template
- The e-retailer can provide their buyers tracking notifications without any custom development
- The notification email includes a track and trace URL
- Customers can choose to receive notifications by email or text message
- Customers can choose the tracking events for which they want to receive notifications
- Customers can choose the language for which they receive the notification. Notifications are available in English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Danish, Mandarin Chinese and Dutch
- Buyers can unsubscribe to receiving notifications
How it works for consumers
Upon purchase confirmation, consumers receive an e-mail to choose their notification preferences, entering an e-mail address or a mobile phone number, selecting the language and the events for which they want to be notified. Standard notifications include departure from origin country, arrival in destination country and final delivery. Other optional notifications include customs information and unsuccessful delivery attempts.
To find out more about the IPC Notification Service, contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.