How does it work?
At the request of several posts to provide a multilateral framework, initially for customs data exchange, IPC launched the Data Sharing Agreement (DSA). The agreement sets the conditions related to the electronic exchange of postal service data, including:
- Technical specifications and message standards to be used
- Postal service data to be captured and exchanged
- Product(s) for which data will be sent and/or received
- Channel(s) and physical locations at which data will be captured for outbound items
- Policy regarding the timing of creation of the electronic messages to the EDI network
- Other details related to the electronic exchange of personal data
By signing the DSA, postal operators commit to implementing and upholding these conditions and standards.
- Participating posts can enter into a multilateral agreement covering over 45 operators across the globe, including most leading operators, instead of having to negotiate bilateral agreements with dozens of other postal operators
- Open to all designated postal operators
- Full transparency as all signed documentation is shared between participants
- Clear and formalised ITMATT standards implemented by participating post
For more information about the Data Sharing Agreement, including about how to join, please contact Inter-Operator-DSA@ipc.be.