How does it work?
INTERCONNECT™ is a unique undertaking of 31 postal operators in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, joining forces to offer e-retailers, SMEs and consumers a reliable end-to-end cross-border e-commerce delivery service. Through INTERCONNECT™, participating posts are committed to receive and deliver items from each other, leveraging postal networks and products, according to jointly agreed standards for three service levels: Premium, Standard and Economy.
INTERCONNECT™ covers cross-border packets up to 2 kg as well as parcels up to 30 kg. INTERCONNECT™ aims at enabling posts to increase their volumes and share of e-commerce delivery.
INTERCONNECT™ solutions enable e-retailers to offer their customers the same delivery experience for cross-border orders as for domestic e-commerce purchases, specifically: reliable end-to-end delivery times, track and trace, easy-to-use return solutions, delivery choice, and improved customer service processes.
To be able to offer an end-to-end service, INTERCONNECT™ relies on standards agreed upon by the participating posts, on specific customer-oriented features and on a central IT platform to ensure data capture and exchange throughout the delivery process.
Benefits for e-retailers and e-customers
With INTERCONNECT™, e-retailers will be able to rely on the posts to offer their customers a cross-border delivery service in line with their expectations:
• Reliable and competitive transit times, depending on delivery service
• Access to a range of delivery options available in country of destination and easy-to-use return solutions based on a pre-paid label sent with the parcel or accessible through the internet
• For Premium and Standard, track and trace during the transit process, from sending to delivery, with up to ten scanning events per item
• A rapid resolution of cross-border customer queries (through the IPC Global Customer Service System)
• Signature for proof of delivery for Premium service
Benefits for posts
With INTERCONNECT™, posts will be in a position to grow their share of e-commerce volume and traffic by offering a service which corresponds to e-retailers and e-consumers’ expectations. INTERCONNECT™ will also allow posts to gain in efficiency and save costs thanks to the INTERCONNECT™ features:
• High level of end-to-end transit reliability (not simply destination country delivery)
• Full front-end data capture to enable reliability (e.g. customs clearance, where applicable) and operational process efficiency
• Enhanced operational performance through harmonised labels being machine readable
• Quality performance management through access to business intelligence monitoring tools and reports
How does the IPC Data Hub work?
The INTERCONNECT™ solutions are based on data capture and exchange throughout the entire e-commerce delivery process, allowing for a greater integration of networks. The IPC Data Hub is the engine and the backbone of all e-commerce features included in INTERCONNECT™. The platform connects all stakeholders involved from sending to delivery, allowing for full visibility throughout the entire delivery process.
To find out more about INTERCONNECT™, contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.